Winter has finally arrived to our city this week, an opportunity too good to waste!
There's a lot to do in Sydney and NSW for winter, and loads to do for Christmas in July!
Here's just some of the choices on offer around to keep your spirits warm, and your hearts filled with Christmas joy!
Sydney itself has some great treats for residents and visitors alike. As well as many restaurants having special Christmas In July menus, events, and other treats, there are also some really special things to visit and experience.
Something that feels like it's right out of a European city or the Rockefeller Centre in New York, Ice Skating at St. Mary's Cathedral! Take the family or your friends. Enjoy a mulled wine or hot chocolate overlooking the rink, or be adventurous and try the ice slide! There's also the amazing Bondi Winter Magic where you can ice-skate by the iconic Bondi Beach: in the sun or under the stars. You can also ride the fantastic Bondi Eye Ferris Wheel - sounds romantic!
Ice skating not your thing? Try something unique and a little luxe and enjoy a special Christmas In July lunch at NSW Parliament House. Captain Cook Cruises also operate their annual Christmas in July harbour cruise for a scenic (and warm) way to celebrate and see the harbour at the same time.
Further afield, the NSW Hunter Valley has it's extraordinary Snow Time in the Garden. Kids snow play area, ice skating, ice tobogganing (Cool!), rides, activities, and loads of family fun! And timed perfectly with the school holidays.
The NSW Blue Mountains is also famous for the yearly Yulefest where the only problem is choosing what to do! Almost every venue hosts Christmas in July events, From sumptuous dinner and accommodation packages, to fun filled Best of British comedy and dinner galas, or even a host-a-murder evening! And our favourite? Jenolan Caves. Wow. What a venue.
Lucky last is the Bathurst Winter festival . Skate, illuminate, and congregate with fun events and enjoy the special Brew & Bite night. (See you there.)
Do you have something you want to add? How about other cities and other states? Head to our Facebook page, locate this blog post on it, and leave your comments!
- September 2017 (1)
- July 2017 (1)
- June 2017 (2)
- May 2017 (2)
- October 2016 (1)
- August 2016 (2)
- July 2016 (1)
- March 2016 (24)
- November 2013 (13)
- October 2013 (30)
- November 2012 (14)
- Buy Direct And Save
- Christmas Crackers, Bon Bons, and Silly Jokes
- Winter In Sydney and Surrounds - Christmas In July!
- Buyers Desk - The magnificent comeback of Gold!
- Create a memory - and decorate on a budget!
- Pre-decorated or decorate yourself? 5 things to consider.
- 2016 is an inspired year in Christmas!
- Buyer's Desk - To Theme Or Not To Theme?
- Christmas Stock Is Nearly Here!
- Temperatures drop for Christmas in July 2016!
- Setting Up Your Outdoor Christmas Decorations
- Polishing Your Shiny Christmas Decorations
- Hanging Christmas Decorations Inside & Outside Your Home
- Cheering Up Your Living Room with Christmas Decorations
- Small Christmas Decorations to Give to Your Holiday Guests
- Decoration Tips for Your Office
- Reindeer Christmas Decorations for the Holiday Season
- Christmas Decorations That'll Go Well With Your Christmas Dinner
- How to Safely Decorate Your Tree with Christmas Decorations
- Why Get an Artificial Tree & Christmas Decorations
- Fun Christmas Decorations You Can Hang Anywhere
- Unique Light-Based Christmas Decorations for Your Home
- Trinkets & Pieces for Glittering Christmas Decorations
- Elegant Christmas Decorations For Your Home
- Christmas Decorations & Statues for Your Front Lawn
- Electric Light Christmas Decorations That Blend Well Together
- Centrepiece Christmas Decorations to Amaze Your Holiday Guests
- Why a Wreath is a Must-Have Piece for Christmas Decorations
- Tips for Christmas in July
- Making the Most of Small Trinkets & Christmas Decorations