Christmas decorating can be a lot of fun but always remember that safety comes first:
- Products on our website are intended for use as Christmas display products only - they are not children's toys. All products should be used as indicated and should not be modified or adapted in any way for alternate use.
- Please take extra care with heavy and large products, electrical installations and general child and elderly safety precautions as you normally would with items of a similar nature.
- With all electrical products, please ensure that the power is switched off at the source before any installations and replacement of bulbs are performed. Please also take extra care with electrical cords ensuring they do not pose as a trip hazard or pose any obstruction.
- With all lights, check each set, new or old, for broken or cracked sockets, frayed or bare wires, or loose connections, and throw out damaged sets. Always replace burned-out bulbs promptly with the same wattage bulbs. Use no more than three standard-size sets of lights per single extension cord.
- Turn off all lights and lighting displays when you leave your business or home or go to bed.
- With power to outdoor installations, we advise taking precautions at your power source in case of adverse weather conditions - check with your local electrician prior to installation. Use our Waterproof Outdoor Power Board Box to protect electrical connections from dirt, dust and water.
- Before using lights, displays and products outdoors, check the product labels to be sure they are suitable for outdoor use.
- Fasten outdoor lights securely to trees, house walls, or other firm supports to protect the lights from wind damage. Use only insulated staples to hold the light cords in place, not nails or tacks. Or, run strings of lights through hooks accessories.
- Stay far away from any electrical power lines and areas with water or areas that attract moisture.
- After Christmas, use caution and take your time when you remove your Christmas decorations, lights and displays. Never pull or tug on light and electrical cords. Place all your decorations neatly in a secure container allowing for plenty of air space around delicate products.
- Next Christmas, your treasures should once again be suitable for your Christmas delight.
Please also refer to the following important information: