A nativity scene is one of the more essential components of Christmas decorations, especially for the devoted that would like to commemorate the birth of Christ during the holidays. This event is why Christmas is a season to celebrate; to decorate the home in order to spread cheer to all those that would enter it.
But what particular decorations would work well with a nativity scene in the first place? Here are a few recommendations to make your nativity scene stand out as an excellent centrepiece for your Christmas decorations:
Brightly Lit Star Ornaments
Lights like a multi-colour flashing star and an eight-point multi-colour star are some of the best ornaments you can hang just above a nativity scene. Not only is the star itself a colourful addition to your decorations, but is also representative of the stars that guided the magi to the infant Jesus. This symbolism coupled with the attractive colour patterns make these lights a definite must-have if you want your nativity scene to be highlighted well. Do note that the aforementioned star ornaments are quite large and are meant for larger nativity scenes. If you have a nativity scene that doesn't quite match the scale of these lights, then a smaller star ornament would be a more appropriate match.
Large, brightly coloured candles are an excellent addition to a nativity scene. The low burning flames of a few candles adds a touch of solemnity to the whole scene, which is in itself an attractive addition. Just make sure, however, to be very careful where you place the candles. The last thing you want to do is to have loose leaves or bits of plastic catch fire, so it is best that you place these candles in their own containers and a ways from any flammable materials. A few small, low-lying tea lights nestled in a small bowl of water would work nicely for this purpose.
A few decorative angles like a Red and Gold Winged Angel and a Cream and Gold Winged Angel are the perfect matches for a nativity scene. The beautiful and mesmerizing grandeur of these angels is a fine contrast to the humble roots of the nativity scene; blending the two opposites perfectly together. They even hold a strong symbolic value as angels announced the birth of Christ. Set a few of these angels up beside the scene or hang them up above the scene to make the most out of them!
Christ was born among a whole host of animals, so a few animal ornaments will definitely work well with a nativity scene. Take for example a Silver Sequin Birds and Silver Glittered Butterflies. These particular pieces add a little sparkle to the whole scene, which works especially well when light bounces off the shiny bits and spreads all over the area. You could even create a miniature manger of animals to make your nativity scene even more true to its roots.
Pieces like a Wind-Up Musical Tree and Train are not directly related to the nativity, but they help add a little cheer to make the scene more attractive and cheerful. Christmas decorations and ornaments creating music to the tune of popular carols can help brighten the mood - an especially useful addition when the festivities of Christmas come rolling around the corner. It also helps to sit around the scene as a family while the children enjoy winding up and listening to the musical ornaments.
Table Top Christmas Trees
Creating a miniature forest with a few table top Christmas trees is a great way to enhance the appeal of a nativity scene. Take for example a Faux Balsam Pines and Faux Noble Firs. Four of these simple Christmas decorations can help add a very nice touch of green to the whole nativity scene; making it look more natural and organic in the process. You can even use these trees to mount other decorations like the animals and the lights around the scene; minimizing clutter while still being able to add more decorations to the whole piece.
Keep all these tips in mind and you'll be able to greatly enhance the appeal of a nativity scene with the right Christmas decorations!
- September 2017 (1)
- July 2017 (1)
- June 2017 (2)
- May 2017 (2)
- October 2016 (1)
- August 2016 (2)
- July 2016 (1)
- March 2016 (24)
- November 2013 (13)
- October 2013 (30)
- November 2012 (14)
- Buy Direct And Save
- Christmas Crackers, Bon Bons, and Silly Jokes
- Winter In Sydney and Surrounds - Christmas In July!
- Buyers Desk - The magnificent comeback of Gold!
- Create a memory - and decorate on a budget!
- Pre-decorated or decorate yourself? 5 things to consider.
- 2016 is an inspired year in Christmas!
- Buyer's Desk - To Theme Or Not To Theme?
- Christmas Stock Is Nearly Here!
- Temperatures drop for Christmas in July 2016!
- Setting Up Your Outdoor Christmas Decorations
- Polishing Your Shiny Christmas Decorations
- Hanging Christmas Decorations Inside & Outside Your Home
- Cheering Up Your Living Room with Christmas Decorations
- Small Christmas Decorations to Give to Your Holiday Guests
- Decoration Tips for Your Office
- Reindeer Christmas Decorations for the Holiday Season
- Christmas Decorations That'll Go Well With Your Christmas Dinner
- How to Safely Decorate Your Tree with Christmas Decorations
- Why Get an Artificial Tree & Christmas Decorations
- Fun Christmas Decorations You Can Hang Anywhere
- Unique Light-Based Christmas Decorations for Your Home
- Trinkets & Pieces for Glittering Christmas Decorations
- Elegant Christmas Decorations For Your Home
- Christmas Decorations & Statues for Your Front Lawn
- Electric Light Christmas Decorations That Blend Well Together
- Centrepiece Christmas Decorations to Amaze Your Holiday Guests
- Why a Wreath is a Must-Have Piece for Christmas Decorations
- Tips for Christmas in July
- Making the Most of Small Trinkets & Christmas Decorations