Deck the Halls with Style: Current Colour Trends for Christmas Decorations
It's coming up to that time of the year again when the air is filled with the sound of cicadas, and twinkling lights adorn houses and trees. Christmas is just around the corner, and if you're looking to refresh your holiday decor, you're in for a treat! This year's Christmas colour trends offer a fresh take on traditional festive hues, providing endless inspiration for your seasonal decorating. In this blog, we'll explore the current colour trends for Christmas decorations to help you create a festive atmosphere that's both timeless and trendy.
Red And Green Delight
Let's start with the classics. Red and green Christmas decorations have been the quintessential Christmas colours for generations, combining holiday spirit and lush greenery. These traditional colours are making a strong comeback in contemporary Christmas decor, but with a twist.
For 2023, consider incorporating deep, rich shades of red, such as burgundy or cranberry, to add depth and warmth to your decor. Pair them with various shades of green, ranging from emerald to sage, to create a harmonious and inviting atmosphere. This timeless combination is perfect for those who want to evoke a sense of nostalgia while staying on-trend.
Blue, Blue Christmas
For a more modern take on Christmas decor, embrace the cool elegance of icy blues and silver. These colours create a serene and sophisticated atmosphere that's reminiscent of a winter wonderland.
Opt for shades like icy blue, powder blue, and soft silver to create a frosty and calming ambiance. These colours work wonderfully with metallic accents, like silver and chrome, adding a touch of luxury to your decorations. Complete the look with crystal or glass ornaments, and you'll have a blue Christmas display that exudes elegance.
Pink Paradise And Glorious Golds
If you're a fan of a softer, more romantic Christmas aesthetic, consider incorporating blush pink and gold into your decor. This colour combination is perfect for those looking to add a touch of glamour and sophistication to their holiday festivities.
Blush pink brings a sense of warmth and charm to your decor, while gold accents provide a touch of opulence. Consider using pink ornaments, wreaths, and ribbons, complemented by gold-trimmed table settings and candle holders. This combination creates a chic and glamorous holiday look that feels both modern and festive.
Mix And Match Jewel Tones
For those who love bold and vibrant colours, jewel tones are the way to go. Think deep purples, royal blues, emerald greens, and rich ruby reds. These colours bring an air of opulence and grandeur to your Christmas decorations.
To incorporate jewel tones into your holiday decor, use colourful ornaments, velvet ribbons, and plush stockings. Consider mixing and matching these rich colours to create a visually stunning display that captures the essence of a regal Christmas celebration.
Whether you're a fan of traditional Christmas colours, a modern minimalist, or someone who loves a touch of glamour, this year's Christmas colour trends offer a wide range of options to suit your style. From the timeless elegance of red and green to the chic and glamorous pink and gold, there's a colour palette for everyone to create a festive atmosphere that reflects their unique personality.
Try Some Of Our Other 2023 Christmas Decorating Trends:
- Aussie Christmas
- Christmas Elves & Candy Swirls
- Christmas Sparkle
- Sweet Pastels
- White Christmas
As you prepare to deck the halls for the holiday season, don't be afraid to mix and match colours and experiment with different combinations to create a look that's uniquely yours. After all, the most important thing is to infuse your home with warmth, joy, and the spirit of Christmas. Happy decorating!
- November 2023 (1)
- September 2023 (1)
- November 2022 (1)
- September 2022 (2)
- August 2022 (1)
- August 2020 (1)
- May 2020 (1)
- October 2019 (3)
- September 2019 (2)
- December 2018 (1)
- September 2017 (1)
- July 2017 (1)
- June 2017 (2)
- May 2017 (1)
- October 2016 (2)
- August 2016 (2)
- July 2016 (1)
- November 2013 (13)
- October 2013 (28)
- December 2012 (6)
- November 2012 (32)
More Blog Posts
- How to Make Christmas Magical for Kids
- Christmas Decorating Ideas
- 5 Easy Steps to a Beautifully Decorated Christmas Tree
- Christmas Decorations For Outdoor Entertaining
- Traditional Christmas Garlands
- Creating the Perfect Christmas Village Scene
- Christmas Warehouse COVID Policy
- COVIVID-20 Create Your Own VIVID This Year
- Trends In Christmas Ornaments
- Australia's Best Christmas Trees - Christmas Warehouse Christmas Trees
- Why people love to shop at The Christmas Warehouse
- Buyer's Desk - The Year Of Pink!
- Should we say Christmas or Xmas?
- Christmas World
- Buy Direct And Save
- Christmas Crackers, Bon Bons, and Silly Jokes
- Winter In Sydney and Surrounds - Christmas In July!
- Buyers Desk - The magnificent comeback of Gold!
- Create a memory - and decorate on a budget!
- Pre-decorated or decorate yourself? 5 things to consider.
- 2016 is an inspired year in Christmas!
- Buyer's Desk - To Theme Or Not To Theme?
- Christmas Stock Is Nearly Here!
- Temperatures drop for Christmas in July 2016!
- Christmas Gifts in a Jar
- Alternatives to Christmas Foods
- Christmas Gifts for Guys
- Finding Love at Christmas
- Knitting a Turtleback Sweater for Christmas
- Crochet for Christmas