The holiday season is a time for merriment, gift giving, family gatherings, and extreme home decorations. Putting Christmas ornaments all throughout the entire house can be mighty challenging, but can also be a chance to get your creative juices flowing. To help make the task a lot easier, here are some useful tips that you can try.
Make a decorating plan
It would be tempting to just go about the holiday home decorations without a concrete plan. While you may thing it is a lot easier to hang the ornaments wherever you fancy, your work time will be cut in half if you have a detailed plan. Picture how you want your house to look like for this season and write the details in a paper. This way, you can check whether you have enough stuffs at home or if you need to buy some more.
Make a list of what you currently have
A detailed list showing exactly what you have can be a big help. Check how many sets of lights you have and how many baubles and hanging ornaments you have on stock. This way, you can tally this with what you need. That will determine if you still need to buy more.
Check your stuffs
If you have neatly stored everything from last year, chances are you know where to find your ornaments and you can expect them to be in tip top condition. If that's not the case, check your items one by one and see which ones you can still use and which ones you have to throw out. Check everything----from the wirings to the bulbs and to the hooks of the hanging ornaments. If you have musical pieces, see if they need batteries or if they are still working.
Throw what you need to
While it is a good idea to minimize your costs as much as possible, there are some areas where you should not scrimp on. If you see that the light wirings are damaged or worn out, throw them away. On the outside, they make look like they can still be restored. The same is not always true on the inside. Don't take risks that aren't worth it.
Go from highest to lowest
Decorate the highest parts of the house first, as these are the most challenging parts.
Read instructions carefully
While this is something most of us actually neglect, it is very important. Some decorative pieces are not made for the outdoors. In most cases, you really can't tell unless you read the instructions.
Make secure hooks
If you are to hang something that has a considerable weight, you have to be very sure that it won't fall. This will depend on how secure the hooks are, so make sure to check them before placing an ornament.
Distribute the weight
If you are planning on hanging several ornaments in one area, make sure that the weight is evenly distributed. This makes everything a lot safer and decreases the chance of your ornaments falling off. Hang only on well supported spots.
Use a sturdy ladder
If you are to hang your lanterns, wreaths, and Christmas lights, make sure that you are ready with a stable ladder. With this, you can do the task faster and more efficiently.
Phone a friend
Decorating the entire house can be a pain in the neck if you do it alone. It is a great idea to have someone with you, so you can proceed with the decoration a lot smoother. Also, a buddy can assess whether you placed the ornaments on the right place. With someone to help you, the time needed to complete the task will be shortened considerably.
Test all electrical ornaments first
To make sure that everything will run smoothly, a quick but thorough check on your ornaments can be a big help. You don't want to waste time installing Christmas lights only to find out that they are no longer working. All lanterns, holiday mobiles, and Christmas lights must be checked. Same goes for outdoor ornaments.
Decorate your home with ease by following these simple tips. Happy decorating!
- October 2019 (3)
- September 2019 (2)
- December 2018 (1)
- September 2017 (1)
- July 2017 (1)
- June 2017 (2)
- May 2017 (2)
- October 2016 (1)
- August 2016 (2)
- July 2016 (1)
- March 2016 (24)
- November 2013 (13)
- October 2013 (30)
- November 2012 (14)
- Trends In Christmas Ornaments
- Australia's Best Christmas Trees - Christmas Warehouse Christmas Trees
- Why people love to shop at The Christmas Warehouse
- Buyer's Desk - The Year Of Pink!
- Should we say Christmas or Xmas?
- Christmas World
- Buy Direct And Save
- Christmas Crackers, Bon Bons, and Silly Jokes
- Winter In Sydney and Surrounds - Christmas In July!
- Buyers Desk - The magnificent comeback of Gold!
- Create a memory - and decorate on a budget!
- Pre-decorated or decorate yourself? 5 things to consider.
- 2016 is an inspired year in Christmas!
- Buyer's Desk - To Theme Or Not To Theme?
- Christmas Stock Is Nearly Here!
- Temperatures drop for Christmas in July 2016!
- Setting Up Your Outdoor Christmas Decorations
- Polishing Your Shiny Christmas Decorations
- Hanging Christmas Decorations Inside & Outside Your Home
- Cheering Up Your Living Room with Christmas Decorations
- Small Christmas Decorations to Give to Your Holiday Guests
- Decoration Tips for Your Office
- Reindeer Christmas Decorations for the Holiday Season
- Christmas Decorations That'll Go Well With Your Christmas Dinner
- How to Safely Decorate Your Tree with Christmas Decorations
- Why Get an Artificial Tree & Christmas Decorations
- Fun Christmas Decorations You Can Hang Anywhere
- Unique Light-Based Christmas Decorations for Your Home
- Trinkets & Pieces for Glittering Christmas Decorations
- Elegant Christmas Decorations For Your Home